Saturday, October 18, 2008

How my job can be rewarding

After my wonderful month off I have had a fair amount of time to think about how I can make my job more rewarding for me. In the last week I have had my mind set to find my strong points of the job and weak points and work on my weak and perfect my strong. The other night we had our famous jetting from Boston. All the customers bags came in but one... We will call the customer "KF". I thought that kf was going to be irate because her bag was missing. When I checked to Rez there were no comments about if her bag was misloaded to baggage land as it wasn't in SEA. KF was frustrated because obviously her bag was lost she was in a city that wasn't home and had a conference to get to for work. So I took a claim and assured her that we would find a bag. She was comforted but not really satisfied with my answer. The following day(Friday the 17Th) I talked to her again and informed her that I still have not heard anything about her bag but was confident that we would find the bag in a timely manner. She asked me if I had that much confidence in jetBlue. My quick reply was yes and if I didn't have a lot of faith and confidence in the integrity in my co workers across the board I wouldn't work here because my work life would be very difficult. She replied back and said that she would have faith also. I told her that our last flight coming in from Boston was due in at 1020ish and if she didn't hear from me by 11pm give me a call. I ended up going to the gate to take care of a possible situation. When I got finished there I just wanted to go home so I didn't check to see if she called or to see if who ever was in baggage finished the reports that needed to be completed or if the pass down sheet was finished. When I came in today nothing was done from the morning. I figured it was because I didn't complete my form yesterday. So I ran around for completing different things that needed to be finished before our flight to LGB was off the ground. When I was in the baggage area my sup called and informed me that they found KF's bag. I wrote down a couple of notes so I could remind myself to call her after I finished taking the two claims that I had. When I finished that they informed me that I had a call from our delivery company. When I answered the phone it was KF. I asked her to hold on so I could transfer it to my desk. When I transferred the call it was disconnected so I returned her phone call. When I called her back I apologized for not calling her back last night and informed her to bring her receipts with her on Tues when she jets out so we could reimburse her for her expenses. She was extremely happy and relieved. She asked me for my first and last name so she could write about me and how helpful I was to her. I think that this was a satisfying moment since most of the time people can be real evil. So for KF thanks for understanding and being a great sport about the situation!
Clathyn the third!!!

No comments: